Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dymaxion Sleep Schedule - Days 6 through 9

Been forgetting to update this a bit. Sorry sorry etc. Although not much has changed really. Been following the schedule pretty well, except that I keep oversleeping at 5am. I've decided that I'm going to try changing the schedule a bit. Normal naps at 11am, 5pm, and 11pm. But then instead of a 30 minute nap at 5am, I was thinking of sleeping from 4am to 7am. If I can get easily adjusted to this, then I'll slowly shorten the 3 hour sleep period and get it down to just 30 minutes from 5-5:30.

I've thought about taking a break from trying to change my sleep schedule for a bit to re-adjust to what I was doing before(sleeping from 10 or 11pm until 6am). If I re-train my body to automatically wake up at 6am, that could possibly help with the oversleeping problem I'm having. What I think is happening now is that my body isn't sure when to wake up in the morning(the alarms I have just aren't waking me up. Sadface.) so I just end up waking up whenever. This morning, that whenever was 10am. Any other day of the week, and I would have been missing class.

If anyone has any ideas about what to do to wake up on time, please share your ideas with me. Right now I have my phone on vibrate in my pocket(this can usually wake me up, but for some reason it just doesn't work at the 5am nap time), and I have two audio alarms(one alarm clock and one on my ipod). I've heard that telling yourself how long you want to sleep before you go to sleep works(so saying "I will wake up in 30 minutes" before I nap). I tried it a few times, and I have no idea if it works or not.

As a side note, Blogger gives me a bunch of random stats. I just have to say, how dare 4% of readers use Internet Explorer. Get a real web browser, 4%.

3 comments:

  1. Hey been reading since you started and its really interesting. also about over sleeping

    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-
    to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/

    a lot of people say to read this. and i know that maintaining a schedule is very important. not maintaining one can make you over sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your roommate wake you up..or set up a trap. Have a bucket of ice water above your head and time it so that if you dont wake up by 5:30am it dumps on you. That'll wake you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have to wake up at odd hours I sleep sitting up with headphones on. I make a playlist of however many minutes/hours of silence with a loud song at the end, that way it's different each time, and it doesn't wake up roommates. Also, biological clock really hates getting up a little before sunup :(

    ReplyDelete