Monday, October 4, 2010

Dymaxion Sleep Schedule - Day 1

I feel like today was only semi-successful. I went to take naps at all the scheduled times, but I hardly actually got to sleep during any of them. First nap at 11am, got to sleep in the last 5-10 minutes of it. 5pm nap, got about 10 more minutes of sleep. 11pm nap, didn't sleep at all. I was really hoping to get as much sleep as I could with these naps to make staying up until 5am as easy as possible.

Tomorrow is going to be when it starts getting tough. The sleep deprivation is going to start hitting me. But on the plus side, that should make it easier to get to sleep for my naps(theoretically). My biggest problem right now is that I'm rather hungry but there aren't any places nearby that are open. Tomorrow I'll have to go buy stuff to keep in my room for when I get hungry at night.

In my last post I said that I was going to try this for "a while." I decided that I'm going to put some time windows on it to check my progress and see if I could really do this. After one week(next Monday) I'll see how I'm doing. I'm hoping to be through the sleep deprivation(depending on who you ask, that'll either be enough time or not enough time). Mostly because I have a Calculus test next Thursday and I'd like to not be sleep deprived for that. After two weeks I want to be feeling like normal and be on my Dymaxion cycle.

Also, one of my friends pointed out that one side effect of sleep deprivation can be hallucination. That seems to be a sympton that happens late into sleep deprivation(meaning you have to be deprived for a few days before it'd start.) So I've put a rule in place: If I start hallucinating, then I get to bed and sleep for a bit ASAP, and possibly stop trying to get on the Dymaxion cycle. Although I'd like to do this, I don't want to end up hurting myself in any way. Sleep deprivation is a scary thing and can have scary side effects. If it gets too intense, then I'll quit. Hopefully though, it won't get to that point and I can make it through fine.

3 hours until nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment