Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dymaxion Sleep Schedule - Day 10+11

I forgot to post yesterday oops. I'm not so good at this bloggity thing.

So Day 10 was pretty normal. Overslept at 5am and missed my morning chemistry class again. The rest of the day was the same as the previous several days. Then between Day 10's 11pm nap and Day 11's 5am nap, my roommate and I decided to go get some Steak 'n' Shake at about 1:30 in the morning. I have now gone there twice this year, both times between midnight and 5am. There's something about their food that just makes it tastier in the middle of the night.

I had been torn most of yesterday, deciding how I was going to sleep that night. I had a Calculus test Thursday morning at 6:45am and wasn't sure if I should get a good nights sleep or hope I don't oversleep. I decided to just set all my alarms and hope I woke up in time. I set my alarms for 6am, woke up at 6, got out of bed and sat in a chair, and fell back asleep for another 20 minutes. I made it to the test on time and did fine on that. Since I only got 2 hours of sleep then(compared to most oversleeping days of getting closer to 4 or 5 hours at least) I've been very tired all day. After the test, I had my chemistry lab at 9am and it went until 11:15am. So I was a bit late for my nap, but I still was able to get in 30 minutes before my Theology class. In the afternoon, I was started to get tired around 3:30, and by 4:30 I was considering taking my 5pm nap a bit early. I got up and walked around my dorm a bit instead, and just napped at 5 as usual. Almost the exact same thing happened with my 11pm nap, feeling very tired about 30 minutes prior. Now it's just about midnight of Day 11 and I feel mostly awake after my nap.

When I was researching this sort of sleep schedule, everyone that tried it said that they would eat more because the body uses more energy to be awake 22 hours a day. I can say that this is definitely true. I've pretty much gotten into the habit of waking up and eating a meal, even after my 11pm nap. Although usually for late night, I have to pick something up during the day and keep it in the fridge. Also I've found that I'm craving fresh fruit since doing this. I had some strawberries a few nights ago. I haven't had strawberries since I was single digit years old. So tasty.

Thanks to all the people that gave me advice on waking up. I was able to use some of it, and I think it helped me get up for the calc test.

~5 hours until the next nap(and hopefully no oversleeping)

No comments:

Post a Comment